Did you know? Food Stamps are calculated to pay $4.25 a day for an individual to eat. Can you live on $4.25 a day?
Homelessness in America. Approximately 554,000 homeless people live in the United States. Out of that total, there are roughly 190,000 who have no shelter at all. Statistics from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development capture the statistical reality of homelessness on the American streets. If you can imagine 8 to 10 NFL stadiums filled to capacity, you can begin to visualize the impact homelessness has on a community and a nation.
Running out of relationships is the number one cause of homelessness in America
There are a lot of challenges to overcome as a homeless person.
- Work/career planning and education to combat unemployment
- Housing and money management
- Homelife/ daily living
- Self-care/health education
- Physical/mental/emotional support
- Addition to alcohol and narcotics
- Domestic Violence
- Lack of community & deteriorating relationships
- And communication/social relationships (as well as school activities for the homeless youth)
How you can help:
Donate toward a nonprofit who helps the homeless, hungry, abused or addicted. Your gift matters! When you invest in the life of another human being you provide them with a warm meal, a shower, much-needed clothing, or a place to sleep. Connecting the homeless to community resources helps restore relationships, and regenerates a community. When you bring together community partners and the homeless you start to rebuild relationships. Here are a few choices to choose from. Or pick one of your own.
- The Homeless Voice https://www.homelessvoice.org/donate/
- Shelters for Homeless Veterans http://nchv.org/index.php/help/help/locate_organization/
- Christian Charities (the top ten) https://www.theologydegrees.org/best-christian-charities/
- LDS Charities https://www.ldscharities.org/
Your gift matters!
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~Aesop
Learn more about Business Valuation Principles by Dale S Richards http://a.co/cVsYyNN http://successbiznow.com/books/business-valuation-principles-by-dale-richards/