There is an old saying, “creating positive change can be filled with both learnable, and teachable moments” Learnable moments are filled with inspiration and motivation to accomplish a task or help out with a special project. It doesn’t have to be a big project either – it just has to be something that you feel passionate about .
Those passions become teachable moments when we help guide others in using those same skills, to help one another or themselves.
“To say that on a daily basis you can make a difference, well, you can. One act of kindness a day can do it.” » Betty Williams
While many may already have their own, here are a few interesting humanitarian organizations for consideration:
Helping in your community
There are also a number of ways that one can serve within their local community. Your service and funding support, no matter what size – is always needed.
- Those less fortunate need help with basic needs and services.
- Many communities have literacy programs; English as a Second language, to help overcome barriers leading toward independent living.
- Volunteer at your local homeless shelter, or health clinic.
- Help with school functions, become a tutor or mentor for youth.
- Support your local food bank.
- Helping with animals at your local human society.
- You often have many organizations within your community that seek out the help of volunteers to work with fundraising and public awareness.
- Reaching out when it is within your means to do so, provides the donor, “YOU” with a sense of a greater purpose. It provides the “RECEIVER” with hope.
- Be a voice!
“To ease another’s heartache is to forget one’s own.” – Abraham Lincoln